Few hours ago we had posted about iOS 6.1.3 final released for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. We also noted that it fixes the Evasi0n untethered jailbreak and at any cost you do not update to iOS 6.1.3 if you care about your jailbreak.
Unfortunately despite many warnings, often many iOS devices owners ends up updating to iOS 6.1.3 unknowingly or accidentally. Thanks to limera1n bootrom exploit iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch 4G users can still get the tethered jailbreak.
Please Keep in mind iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak is tethered jailbreak, meaning you will need to tethered boot every time you reboot/turn on your device.
Video Guide to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3
1. If you haven’t updated your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch 4G to iOS 6.1.3 then update using iTunes.
2. Take backup of your iPhone and iPod Touch using iTunes.
3. Now run Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 jailbreak tool (Must run as administrator mode on Windows)
4. Now click on Extras and Select IPSW button
5. Now browse and select iOS 6.0 IPSW respective for your device and click on open button. Press Ok button on firmware build information
6. Now click back button and press jailbreak button
7. At this stage Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 will prepare jailbreak data.
8. On options screen must check Install Cydia option.
9. Now connect your iPhone/iPod Touch to Mac/PC using USB cable and turn off
10. Click on next button on Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and follow on screen instructions to put it in DFU mode
a. Press and hold power and home button for 10 seconds
b. Now release power button while continue to hold home button for 20 seconds
11. Once your iPhone/iPod touch is in DFU mode, Redsn0w will start uploading jailbreak data, ramdisk etc. and continue will jailbreak process.
12. A message will be displayed that this is tethered jailbreak and you will need to tethered boot every time you reboot your device
13. Now the rest of jailbreak process will take place on your device
14. Once your device reboots you won’t see Cydia until you tethered boot using following process.
How to Tethered boot after iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak
1. Start Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and click on extras button
2. Now click on Select IPSW button and browse and select iOS 6.0 IPSW file. Click on open button and press ok button on firmware build information.
3. Now click on Just Boot option
4. Now connect your iOS device to PC/Mac and turn off
5. Follow on screen instructions to put in DFU mode
6. That’s it, once your iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4G reboots you will notice that Cydia is installed.
Enjoy your newly jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 6.1.3, iPhone 3GS iOS 6.1.3 and iPod Touch 4G iOS 6.1.3.
If you like this article in then do consider clicking on +1 button and other social sharing options.
Reblog from http://www.jailbreaksquad.com/
Visit my Facebook Fanpage;